Thursday, June 23, 2011

You may not believe this, but...

(this picture has nothing to do with the story...)




On Wednesday, I went Repelling AKA: rock climbing but backwards AKA: the scariest thing I have ever done in my life.


You see, I am deathly afraid of heights. Always have been, always will be. So last week at church, when they announced that the youth were going repelling, I said: "hahahaha. no."


But I kept getting asked about it! All throughout church that day, people were asking me if I was going. I told them all maybe, but in my mind I was set. There was no way I was going to jump off the back of a cliff. Do I look stupid?
But somehow, I got suckered into going. Maybe it’s because I'm a softy, and can’t stand saying no to people. Or maybe it’s because I knew that the cute new boy was going to be there. Or maybe it’s because I didn't want to seem like a wimp. Or maybe it’s because the new boy wears glasses and somewhat resembles Buddy Holly.


But whatever. The point is, I said I would go. So I went.


The ride there was about and hour long, but it seemed soooo much longer than that. And to make things even better, some boy sitting behind me touched my hair like a hundred times. Not cool.


I asked our driver how high the drop was.


"Oh, it’s only about 60 feet," he said. "Why? Are you scared of heights?"


I just about had a heart attack.


"Only a little bit." I lied.


When we got there, they asked who wanted to go first.


"CasiDee does!!" said the boy next to me. I hate boys.


"noooooooooooo I don't." I said.


"Come on CasiDee! It's not that bad!" said a different boy. Did I mention that I hate boys?


I refused to go first. But somehow, I got suckered (do you see a theme happening here?) into going second.


So, basically, long story short: It was my turn, I went, about half way through I thought to myself: "Hey! This isn't that bad!" and then I became boss at repelling down walls. I was basically as awesome as Spiderman.


And then I felt like a nerd, because I could have sworn I was going to die that day, and it turned out to be kinda…fun.
But then one of the other boys cried when it was his turn. So I felt a lot better.


After the repelling, we went to some Chinese food place and watched So You Think You Can Dance as we ate our orange chicken.


The End.
Moral of the Story: I conquered my fear of heights on the first day of summer. If that’s not a sign of an awesome summer, I don’t know what is.


(Pictures coming soon!!)

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I LOVE this! :) I miss you and Council Creek! I'm glad you had fun Chica! :)