Sunday, February 16, 2014

THE CRAZIEST PHOTOSHOOT OF MY LIFE

 
The other day my good friend Haley asked if I would model for her. We had this awesome idea of a Lana Del Rey/Priscilla Presley inspired shoot with big hair and red lips and vintage clothing and it was going to be magical, right? Wrong.
I'll spare you all the details but basically everything went wrong. We made the mistake of going to a beauty school to get my hair done, it took literally four hours, and by the time we were done and ready to take pictures it was pitch black outside. Amongst other things.
Not wanting all the time we spent on hair and make up to go to waste, we snapped a few photos outside (which passersby absolutely loved. I got all kinds of comments yelled by hipsters as they sped by on their bikes. Everything from "You look like a manikin!" to "What is she doing...?" to "WURK IT GUUURL!").
Then the owners of this cute little coffee shop/furniture store/plant growing place let us come into their store and take some pictures as they were closing up. They were so kind and we ended up quoting how to lose a guy in ten days the whole entire time.
Happy with how the pictures were coming out, Haley and I parted our separated ways with plans to go back out to Portland the next day and take more photos.
Then, not even five minutes into my drive home, I was rear-ended.
So it was a pretty crazy photoshoot, to say the least.
But Haley is a miracle worker or a magician or something, because the photos turned out amazing.

 

 
 
PS, check out Haley's facebook page here!
 


No comments: