Monday, December 31, 2012

ROADTRIP PART FOUR: UTAH


Because of Canden's finger we had to stay in Idaho a few extra days, and therefore only had three days to spend in Utah. We had plans to visit some friends and check out the BYU campus, but decided to forgo those because we were so short on time. I guess we'll just have to come back next summer, right? And maybe while we're at it, I can get my senior pictures done by Matt Clayton? Pretty please? :)

We spent the first day at Temple Square. And boy, was it amazing. I spent forever talking to the sister missionaries. One of the sisters was from Washington (which is only a few hours away from where I live) and had gone to an art school there, so we talked about that for a while. Her companion was from a little town in Italy that my mom visited earlier in the year, so we talked all about that too. My mom told her that she had met two elders while she was there and bought them gelato and talked with them for awhile. It turns out that one of those elders is a really good friend of the sister we were talking to. Small world, right?! I told them that I was really interested in serving a mission and they got so excited. They smiled real big and hugged me and told me all about how great serving a mission is. I had the best time, and it made me want to serve a mission even more. 

Day two was spent up at park city, where we shopped til we dropped and watched the skiers practice. (only to find out that jef-with-one-f and emily where there the very next day. what. the. crap. i was so upset.) 

And then day three was spent doing more shopping and spending more time at the temple.    



 
 
 
 


 
 
 

2 comments:

Haylee said...

That definitely means you have to come back next Summer. Preferably this time to come see me. :) For real though, I want to get together when you come!

Did you go to the outlets while were in Park City? I hope so because that place is awesome! I've gotten some killer deals at the J Crew up there. If not then that just gives you ANOTHER reason to come back. :)

I love the connections you made with the missionaries. How cool, I love the church for that. It can make you feel so close knit with people you just barely meet, you know? Especially missionaries. Missionaries are the best!

Beautiful pictures of the temple by the way. I love that place so much. Temple Square just gives you the best feeling, you know? Were you able to see it at night will all the lights? I hope so because it is seriously breathtaking!

CasiDee said...

yes yes yes! We HAVE to meet up the next time I'm in Utah. The outlets at park city were ridiculously good. In fact, all of the shopping in Utah was ridiculously good. And no, I didn't get to see temple square at night with the lights! I guess thats just another reason to come back! :)