Sunday, January 1, 2012

WHERE I'VE BEEN AS OF LATE


At the beginning of December we started reading exodus in seminary. My seminary teacher explained how exodus is all about taking yourself out of the world. He challenged us to find something in our life {a bad habit, a time waster, etc} and get rid of it for the whole month. I chose to give up blogging, facebook and music {i allowed myself to listen to Christmas music, church hymns and classical, however.}

And let me tell you folks, it was awesome.

At first I went a little stir crazy. I didn't know what to do with myself! I had so much free time! But I soon got the hang of it and ended up really enjoying a month away from all the distractions.
I spent my time reading the scriptures, practicing the piano, decorating my room, spending time with my family and my friends, and so much more. And I have many catch up post coming soon.

I really enjoyed my time away, but I'm happy to be back. Here's to 2012. I have a feeling it's going to be great.

No comments: